Eastern Regional Service Board (ERSB) operating as Eastern Waste Management (EWM) has been established by the Province to plan and operate the regional solid waste management system for
residential and commercial users across the Eastern Region and is currently accepting applications for a Highway Transport Equipment Operator (temporary position) for the Clarenville area. This is a full time replacement position and we envision a minimum commitment of 6 months after which we will reassess on a month to month basis unless we have more accurate information. Applicants who meet the educational and experience qualifications will be required to successfully complete an assessment of individual practical operating skills on a highway transport and loader.
This position is accountable for the operation of Eastern Waste Management’s heavy equipment, including transport trucks, compactors, dozers, excavators, loaders, backhoes and other pieces of
equipment, and for standard preventive maintenance procedures.
Specific duties for this position can be found here.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of applicable provincial and federal codes, regulations and laws.
- Knowledge of work practices and methods applicable to a waste management setting.
- Knowledge of EWM policies.
- Knowledge of OH&S policies and regulations.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships with staff and contractors.
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures.
- Must be physically fit and employee will require a standard medical.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods and other workplace certificates would be considered an asset.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities to perform the above duties. A minimum two (2) years’ experience operating a highway transport/tractor trailer and must have successfully completed a provincially registered Highway Transport Operator Training program (attach copy of training diploma) and have experience operating highway transport/tractor trailer. Applicant MUST possess a Class 1 and Class 5 driver’s license with 09 endorsement. A Class 8 driver’s license would be considered an asset. A current and clear driver’s abstract is required. These documents must be included with your application.
HOURS OF OPERATION: This position is for 40 hours per week.
COMPENSATION: Starting salary is $26.88/hour.
Applications must be received by 3:00 pm, Friday, September 29, 2017.
Interested applicants should forward their resumes (quoting Highway Transport Equipment Operator – Temporary Position) along with any required documents and three (3) references to the attention of Hiring Committee.
Applications may be sent by e-mail or fax to the contact info below.
- Email: email@example.com in PDF format only.
- Fax: 709‐579‐5392
WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST; HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
NO TELEPHONE ENQUIRIES PLEASE.