Eastern Regional Service Board operating as Eastern Waste Management currently has an opportunity for a Site Attendant based out of Cavendish. This position performs labour and customer service duties at the Cavendish Waste Recovery Facility as outlined below.
HOURS OF WORK:
Sixteen (16) hours each week (Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) or as required by the employer.
- The daily requirements of the Site Attendant are presented below. Please note that this is not intended to be a complete and final list of duties and may be adjusted as site operations require:
- Display a positive attitude towards the operations of the facility and interact with all users in a friendly and respectful manner.
- Answer questions from users concerning recycling, regional activities and provincial strategy. Please direct calls to Eastern Regional Service Board operating as Eastern Waste Management at (709) 579-7960.
- Perform all work in accordance with Workplace Health Safety and Compensation Commissions’ (Workplace NL) regulations and Department of Environment and Conservation regulations, guidelines, and Certificates of Approval.
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidy appearance of the site and be proactive with maintenance.
- Inspect all materials entering the facility and ensure that the users of the site are aware of the accepted and non-accepted materials.
- Document the identity and required information for each individual user of the facility and keep a daily log of activities at the site.
- Ensure only eligible users have access to the facility.
- Ensure only acceptable waste is allowed to be deposited at the facility.
- Direct and monitor the accurate depositing of all additional waste in to the appropriate area of the facility.
- Inspect the deposited waste for compliance and correct the misplacement as not to negatively affect the operations of the facility.
- Collect any and all of the wind-blown waste from within and around the site.
- Maintain all on-site signs that are providing direction and information and ensure that are visible and in good repair, identify the requirements to replace missing or damaged signs.
- Provide general assistance to users of the facility on the proper use of the site and act as one avenue for the communications between Eastern Regional Service Board and the users of the facility.
- Keep the site free of scavengers by informing them of the NO SCAVENGING policy and direct them to leave the site, documenting scavengers' activities, record vehicle license plate numbers, and passing on the collected information to Eastern Waste Management.
- Additional duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of applicable provincial and federal codes, regulations and laws.
- Knowledge of work practices and methods applicable to a waste management setting.
- Knowledge of Eastern Regional Service Board policies.
- Knowledge of OH&S policies and regulations.
- Must be physically fit. Medical may be required.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Any combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities to perform the above duties.
The following would be considered an asset:
- First Aid Training
- Power Lines Hazard Training
- Any additional training required by the employer
RATE OF PAY:
$17.23 per hour plus 4% vacation pay (paid each pay day).
Please forward your resume including 3 references by 12:00 noon, Friday, August 24, 2018.
Fax: 709-579-5392 – Attention: Manager Waste Operations
Mail: Eastern Regional Service Board, Attn: Manager Waste Operations, 255 Majors Path, Suite 3, St. John’s, NL A1A 0L5
NO TELEPHONE ENQUIRIES PLEASE
ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED